Opening in November of 1971, America the Beautiful was the first of the Circle-Vision 360° films at Walt Disney World. The film was originally shot for the 1958 World’s Fair in Brussels and then was brought to Disneyland in 1960. The film was just over 18 minutes in length and originally sponsored by Monsanto (known best for their Sponsorship of the now extinct Adventure Thru Innerspace attraction at Disneyland).
After a little over 2 years, the attraction closed in March of 1974 in order for the film to modified for the Bicentennial. During this time, a new film, Magic Carpet ‘Round the World, was used in its place. Once complete, America the Beautiful returned to the theater in 1975 and played until 1979 when Magic Carpet returned.